Job Opening: Business Development Program Coordinator
MISSION WEST COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS
JOB DESCRIPTION – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Job Title: Business Development Program Coordinator
Reports To: Center Director, Business Development Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Effective Date: March 6, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: The Business Development Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Business Development Center Director and the Loan Officer by implementing specific business development strategies and fulfilling the department’s annual work plan. This Business Development Program Coordinator is responsible for client onboarding, coordinating training workshops, managing the expert network, preparing loan files, grant reporting, and assisting with the organization’s communication plan on behalf of the business center.
- Client Technical Assistance Program: This includes helping new clients get signed up for services, helping to determine their technical assistance needs and guiding their path, and referring clients to staff or contracted experts.
- Training Workshops Program: Responsible for developing, coordinating, and conducting business training programs in the workshop setting and implementing them throughout the tri-county region. This position creates the training calendars, coordinates with instructors, completes advertising and marketing for the events, and keeps records from the training events. This person is responsible to fulfill the annual budget for workshop purposes.
- Expert Network Program: Responsible for leading the expert network program, onboarding experts, managing contracts, creating work orders, maintaining necessary documentation, and conducting the ongoing oversight and communication with the experts in the network.
- Loan Preparation: Assists Loan Portfolio Manager with receiving necessary information from clients in order to assess loan applications. Helps client navigate through the MWCDP system and service options, and helps to maintain loan documentation/files and client communication following loan closures.
- Communications: Helps to represent the Business Development Center in sharing success stories, training event information, sharing business knowledge with our clients and potential clients, and responding to client inquiries. This is done through a variety of means, including hosting events, through social media avenues, via the website, and conducting other public relations and marketing activities.
- Grant/Program Management: The position will have reporting responsibilities to multiple funding agencies as assigned. Assists in the development and writing of grant applications, assists with budget development and tracking, documentation, reporting, etc.
- Maintains records, and prepares special studies, reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Provides technical assistance and brings resources to community leaders, cities and organizations to expand the economic base for communities.
- May serve as team support to office administrator in answering phones, greeting visitors, etc. when office administrator is absent.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Additional opportunities to be determined based on skill-set and capacity.
- Excellent communication skills specific to customer services are necessary. Must be very organized with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail and self-motivated to produce accurate, timely and complete work product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent research and analytical skills
- Project management skills, initiative and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to begin to leverage institutional knowledge in own work
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in, or capacity to learn, organization-specific software programs and platforms such as Neoserra, DownHome, Asana, SurveyMonkey, Constant Contact, etc.
- 5 – 7 years of related business experience
- This job is based on a 40 hour work week, however, incumbent must be flexible and willing to work more hours as needed to fulfill the duties of the job
- Associates degree in finance, accounting, or business administration or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with accounting and experience with QuickBooks or other financial reporting software is helpful
- Experience updating/maintaining a website is helpful
- Demonstrated experience using a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Commitment to MWCDP mission of creating opportunity for all members of our community.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. Occasional evening or weekend work is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to travel by car and, upon occasion, by plane. The employee is regularly required to climb stairs, assist in setting up/taking down conference rooms, for example computers, screens, projectors, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
This position will require working flexible hours and attending evening and weekend meetings. Some out-of-town travel is required. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Schedule, Workplace and Benefits:
- Full time position in Mission West’s office in downtown Ronan, MT in the beautiful Mission Valley. We are located on the Flathead Reservation, close to Flathead Lake and the Mission Mountains, and about an hour and half from Glacier National Park, Kalispell, and Missoula.
- Normal office hours are Monday through Friday between 8:30-5pm, but occasional evening and weekend work is required to attend board meetings, community events, and conferences.
- We encourage employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and this position may have a flexible schedule.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance with optional additions for family, dental and vision (employee paid) effective on the first day of the month following date of hire
- Life insurance
- Employer 3% match contribution to retirement savings program, upon completion of six-month probation period.
- Two weeks Paid-Time-Off, upon completion of six-month probation period.
- Five days’ sick leave annually, upon completion of six-month probation period.
- Up to 11 paid holidays per year
ABOUT US: Mission West Community Development Partners (formerly known as Lake County Community Development) is a non-profit, community economic development organization serving Lake, Sanders, and Mineral Counties, the Flathead Reservation, in Western Montana. We are located on the Flathead Reservation close to Flathead Lake and the Mission Mountains, and an hour and half from Glacier National Park, Kalispell, and Missoula.
Mission West staff is a dedicated team of community economic development professionals in advancing our mission to enhance the quality of life and sustainable economic well-being for all residents of the communities we serve. As one of the four core pillars of our community economic development model, the Cooperative Development Center, which was established in 1999, brings resources, education, and technical assistance to existing and developing cooperatives. The Center has a strong focus on local/regional food systems development through growing agricultural and farmer-owned cooperatives, as a strategy to build community wealth in rural communities.
Salary: $36,000-$40,000, depending upon experience
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Heather Knutson-Walter, Executive Director
For Questions: 406-676-5904
Mission West Community Development Partners is an equal opportunity provider and employer.